There are two galleries - the Picture Gallery and the Sculpture Gallery
which are hired seperately. You can get a good idea of
what they look like from the pictures in Visitor Info.
We stage exhibitions for a period of two weeks. It normally starts
with a private view on a Monday evening and closes on the Friday of
the week after.
For the exhibition we provide:-
- Assistance in hanging the exhibition.
- Arrange for coverage in the local press. Where
possible we try to get further media coverage but this cannot be
guaranteed as we are dependent on their interest in the
- Create invitations for the private view which we send out to our own mailing list.
The exhibitor has up to a further 50 invitations (two people per invitation). More can be had but for an extra fee for printing.
- We do not provide insurance. We do have third party
liability insurance however the works are not covered. It is up
to the exhibitor(s) to arrange their own.
- Provide Orange Juice and Wine free of charge at the private
view. (Limited to two glasses per person)
- Handle sales
- Man the exhibition for the remaining days when it is open to
- At the end of the exhibition it is the exhibitors
responsibility to collect unsold works. All unsold works
not collected within two weeks of the exhibition closing will be
sold with the proceeds of the sale going to the Liverpool
Academy of Arts.
- Once all the money on sales has been collected the
exhibitor(s) receive statement listing all the sales and a
cheque less our commission.
What Does It Cost?
The picture gallery costs £400 for a two week
exhibitions as described above whilst the Sculpture Gallery costs £600
for the same period.